Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: Vector movement

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@w...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 06:43:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Vector movement

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
> Exactly. That's why THEY should be more nimble, not the low tech Earth

> ships. Figure this: An Earth dreddie and Minbari War Cruiser both have
> small destroyer on their tails.

Duh -- you're right, of course.  This can be fixed by (1) limiting the
rotational capabilities of the big ships (which makes sense), (2) by
getting
rid of the blind arcs for the older races, or (3) allowing the older
races to
have the best of both worlds, i.e., they can spin, too.

I read all four sets of vector-based rules last night (two versions from
Jon
Tuffley, Mark Langsdorf's, and Daryl Poe's) and I don't remember any of
them
discussing the rotational system as a ships system which could be
damaged.
Having an actual system (or, more likely, several systems) would have
the
advantage of adding another interesting design tradeoff -- do I add that
extra
rotational system to guarantee a backup, or do I add another weapon?

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)		World Wide Weuvesite --
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)		http://www.wizard.net/~caw
mailto:chrisweuve@usa.net (perm)

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: Vector movement