Prev: Re: Vector movement Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@w...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 06:33:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

On Wed, Mar 19, 1997 at 4:20:42 AM, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> > The AeroTech rules also suffer from the 60 degree turn increment
> > problem, in addition to coupling facing witrh direction of travel.
>
> Argh! I meant the the "coast-spin-thrust to change course to your
facing"
> system. I remembered it was optional in Aerotech too, but after
checking
> the fact, I was obviously in error...
>
> And, IMHO, you can't elegantly get rid of the 60 degree increments as
> long as you stick with hexes.

...unless you go to a vector-based system. <grin>  I think you might be
able
to do it by allowing ships to face hex points and then move into either
of the
two hexes in front of the ship, possibly with an arrow counter to
indicate the
next hex.  Of course, then it all comes down to your defintion of
"elegant"...

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)		World Wide Weuvesite --
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)		http://www.wizard.net/~caw
mailto:chrisweuve@usa.net (perm)

Prev: Re: Vector movement Next: Re: Vector movement