Prev: Re: Parasite Racks, External Mounts and Reactive Armour (Was Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS) Next: Re: Stargrunt?

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:59:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

At 04:43 PM 3/11/97 -0500, Mike wrote:
>This one factor I really like about FT - non-simultaneous fire.  It
adds
>something to the tactical side of the game to plan your fire order
>carefully.  Also, I like the idea of ships possibly getting wiped out
or
>damaged as such to affect their fire or defense all in the same turn.
This
>gives more randomness to the game like real life.

I'd have to throw my vote in here with Mike. I like the tactical aspects
of
the non-simultaneous fire. I've actually won games based on choosing the
fire order a bit better than my opponent, and I think it's an important
part
of the game. That's my impression, anyway. I'm not sure if the results
would
be radically different in a simultaneous fire game.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.