Prev: Re: Fleet Initiative Next: Re: Space Marines?

Re: Points values, uses thereof.

From: Daryl Poe <poe@h...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 15:50:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Points values, uses thereof.

> Not necessarily -- what if the points system were scrapped and mass
was
> the only measure of a ship's value? How would you differentiate
between
> the value of a thrust-2 Superdreadnaught and a thrust-8
Superdreadnaught?

It's a radical change, but I think you need to change the system so
that engines take up hull space.  Then you have the situation of
trading off engine power vs firepower, and maybe the thrust-2
Superdreadnaught has enough firepower to win.

Daryl

Prev: Re: Fleet Initiative Next: Re: Space Marines?