Prev: Re: Fleet Iniative Next: Re: space marine/opera

Re: Heavy Gear (off topic)

From: Iceburg <burg@s...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:16:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Heavy Gear (off topic)

> Hello all:
>	Everyone at my game store is recommending the Heavy Gear
> RPG/War game by Dream Pod Nine.  Could anyone tell me if system is any

> good.  I don't want to pluck down $30 bucks (a little pricey) for a
bad
> game system.
>
> Later,
> Mark A. Siefert
>
> E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		  WWW:
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu

=

It's increadably awsome if you like very streamlined, full featured,
easy and fun to play rules for RPG and tactical hex (and mini) based
games involving big aniome-style robots in a sci-fi environment. The
source books are very richly detailed with info for both RPGers and
tactical gamers. And the minis are very high quality.

I give it five stars without hesitation (and I don't give five stars
lightly, Dirtside II and Stargrunt II get five stars from me, but I
think that's about it -- I've never played Full Thrust)

In other words... GET IT!

My 2 cents,
Greg

Prev: Re: Fleet Iniative Next: Re: space marine/opera