Prev: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS Next: Re: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:11:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

>Does anyone else out there treat firing as a simultaneous action (using
>written fire declarations, or heaven forfend, the honor system) or do
>you largely use the rules as I interpret them, each ship firing in
>turn..... I've found that the game flow seems "right-er" with
>simultaneous firing, as long as you don't have too many instances of
>Ka-blam goes the Destroyer, but "Oh, I was going to shoot at your
escort
>over there, no really, I was". So far the group I play with are very
>sportsman-like.

>Well, our group STARTED playing simultaneous fire, because we mis-read
the
>rules. When we played them as written, we actually PREFERRED
simultaneous
>fire...

Coming from a BattleTech(TM) background, I always assumed that damage
was
simultaneous. This is especially since I could find nothing about
initiative. Could someone please quote the rules as stated? I could not
find them after re-reading the rule book.

*Thanks*

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry.
161 Designs now listed!  Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS Next: Re: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative