Prev: Late Night Interceptor idea. Next: Re: Dirtside II

Re: Late Night Interceptor idea.

From: SHADOW means never having to say you're sorry <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 06:19:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Late Night Interceptor idea.

>	It's darn near 2 O'Clock in the morning...GOD I hate insomnia!
I've
>been tossing interceptor ideas back and forth in my head.  Here they
are:

You: no sleep
Me: just got in from hunting the comet (and a very nice comet it is,
too)

>	All the rules are going to be pretty much the same except for
one
>differnce.  Each defending system/systems (either a pluse cannon or EA
>interceptor) must be directed at a specific attack:
>	 A Narn player is being attacked by two Centauri B batts.  It
uses
> an A battery against the first b batt. and a pair of C on the second.

>Orginally you would use the 5 dice for both B, now you just use 3 for
one
>and 2 for the other.
>	For EA interceptor it works much the same way except you are
>dealing in screen ratings.  e.g. An Omega DD is being attacked by a Hvy

>Laser and an A batt.  It has two forward interceptors.  It can use
either
>of them in a 1 screen defense against both.  Or, it can combine the two

>in a 2 screen defense against one or the other.

Well, my feedback on this is:

1) I think you're making this more complicated than it needs be,
and
2) I think you're letting Babylon 5 Wars influence you a bit much

Instead of trying to simulate every little detail, keep it simple,
and generic as possible. That's why I decided to just use pairs of
*DAF systems for interception. Using pairs of them meant they didn't
get too overly powerful (I think I have not yet updated my rules,
but they shouldn't give you more than 2 levels of screening), and
you didn't have to suffer the unneeded complications you're trying
to introduce above. Keep it simple!  :)  Simple's a lot easier to
grasp than complicated.

>	I'm going to bed and TRY to get some sleep.  Chances are, I'll
fail.
>(I usually do.)

Such a *positive* attitude there! I'm gonna fix breakfast now...

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Late Night Interceptor idea. Next: Re: Dirtside II