Prev: Re: The Babylon Project Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats

Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 13:08:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats

FieldScott@aol.com writes:
@:) joachim wrote,
@:)
@:) > I would have assumed that it was significantly smaller than the
@:) > Enterprise, whatever the crew size.
@:)
@:) It's all relative. If you want the Federation to have only
@:) escorts, then I'd make the Liberator a cruiser. If you want the
@:) Feddies to have cruisers, then Liberator should be a battleship.

  Sure but let's not confuse federations here.	I guess it never
occurred to me that the Liberator might be similar in size to the USS
Enterprise.  I always assumed it was smaller and, I guess, that the
B7 Federation ships were smaller still.  Upon further reflection I
find I have no good reason to think this except that the B7 models
were significantly less detailed than even the TOS Enterprise model.

@:) > There's no evidence that I recall of it's being able to fire in
@:) > any direction except F.
@:)
@:) I believe you're right. Was this true for the Feddie ships as
@:) well? Hmm...a game where all ships have only F-mounted
@:) weapons...talk about putting a premium on maneuvering!

  Uh oh!  There's no evidence for that either!	Once again we find
that TV shows are not the best sources for war games - especially when
they're produced by the BBC.

-joachim

Prev: Re: The Babylon Project Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats