Prev: Changes to the page: 3-5-97 Next: Re: Scenario Name

Re: Scenario Name

From: Never moon a werewolf <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:41:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Scenario Name

>I know this could be conceived as kinda off topic, but I'm after a
>scenario name featuring a last stand and I'm trying to remember what
the
>Indian word was for "Today is a good day to die".
>
>Any suggestions ?

Good question! I thought I had a definitive answer in my Robbie Robinson
cd (music for the native americans) but it's rather unclear. There is a
song in this collection called 'It is a Good Day to Die', and is about
Crazy Horse's last stand. There is a quote from Black Elk in the cd
jacket:

"Then another great cry went up out in the dust: 'Crazy Horse is coming!
Crazy Horse is coming!' Off toward the west and north, they were
yelling,
'Hoka Hey!' like a big wind roaring, and making the tremolo: and you
could hear eagle bone whistles screaming."

It's only a guess, but..maybe 'hoka hey'?? (I'm probably wrong and it
prolly means something *entirely* different, but that's what my inter-
pretation of what I have here says)

Mk
-
"As far back as the mid-70s, when the prototype Hubble was designed, it
was engineered by the Pentagon to carry lasers and long-range missiles
equipped with nuclear warheads. All this weaponry is now in place."

Prev: Changes to the page: 3-5-97 Next: Re: Scenario Name