Prev: Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again Next: Mailing List Archives for February...

Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 20:47:24 -0500
Subject: Re: The Curmudgeon Rants Again

In message <9702190042.AA00618@gecko.zycor.lgc.com> jjm@zycor.lgc.com
(johnjmedway) writes:
> Again, I must beg of you folks...
>
> PLEASE REPLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHEN IT IS ONLY OF INTEREST TO THAT
INDIVIDUAL.

> REPLY TO THE LIST WHEN IT IS OF INTEREST TO SOME REASONABLY LARGE
SUBSET
> OF THE LIST.

I've got to agree with this. Before his sad demise, Adam made
comment about how each message coming in to the list produced a
noticable effect on the host computer.

This list is long, and our gracious host computer has better things
to do with it's time. Think. Before you add a pointless chatty one-
line zinger to the end of a huge, long, requoted, **unedited**,
message... think. Think about it. Is that message really worthwhile?
Do we really care? Would anybody care other than the person to who
you are replying? Should you not be taking it off-list?

--
David Brewer (criminal-turned-copper here, I'm afraid)