Prev: Re: Borg ships Next: Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls

"Bugs, Mr. Rico, millions of em' ! "

From: "Authorized User" <JKinder@p...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 01:37:22 -0500
Subject: "Bugs, Mr. Rico, millions of em' ! "

	Greetings All,
	This weekend I bought a GW Epic Tyranid Swarm boxed set. I have
no
interest in Epic 40K but they looked like they could serve another use.
have some of the Scotia/ Simtac powered armor troops to use as Mobile
Infantry and I now have my Bugs for a "Starship Troopers" game with
Dirtside II.
	The Tyranid set includes 50 Termagant figures, they are now
basic Bug
warriors. I plan to rate them as powered armor but with standard
infantry
weapons. The 25 Hormagaunt figures will be digging workers and the 25
Genestealers will be basic workers. Bug workers are classed as line
infantry but may only attack in close combat with 2 chits. The 25
Gargolye
figures are going to be some sort of flying Bugs or maybe I won't use
them
in order not to confuse the gamers that know "Starship Troopers". I
would
rate them as line infantry but give them 12 MP as a VTOL for movement
per
Steve Gibson's infantry rules. There are also 5 Tyranids with swords, 10
with large guns and 5 Lictors (?) with praying mantis-ish upper limbs.
These might be mixed on a stand with 2 guns, 1 sword and 1 Lictor on a
stand as a heavy weapon/ assault group with 4 MP , APSW for fire, 4
chits
for close assault, and 6 points to kill.
	As the Bugs are telepathically controlled they are not subject
to the
regular morale rules. They do not have to take a reaction test for close
assault. The Bug Brain commanders are rated as veteran quality-
leadership
3 and Bug warriors use the vehicle column of the confidence level chart.
don't want the Bugs to completely ignore morale but I don't think it
will
effect them much. One Brain to 6 warriors might be a good ratio or
possibly
one Brain for the entire force and let the Bugs decide each activation
how
many warriors or workers to move.
	The Mobile Infantry could be classed as regular powered armor
with some
additions. Each MI stand may make two GMS-H attacks in a game. The
missiles
may be regular armor piercing, HEF, or nuke with the ammo type
designated
for the stand. The standard MI stand may jump 12" instead of its regular
movement and may only jump on alternate turns. Scout and command MI
stands
may not fire in infantry ranged fire but may jump every turn.
	Now, if I can find a used copy of the "Starship Troopers"
boardgame for
the Bug complex rules and the digging and engineering rules I might have
something.
	Any comments and information about the Tyranids would be
appreciated.

John Kinder
Jkinder@worldnet.att.net

"Never wish an infantryman a good day"
Charles Schultz

Prev: Re: Borg ships Next: Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls