Prev: Re: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!! Next: Re: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!!

Re: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!!

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:59:01 -0500
Subject: Re: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!!

Rick Rutherford writes:

@:) Now, now, don't worry -- all Sun has to do is to create a
@:) web-capable platform-independent spreadsheet application with more
@:) "features" than Excel that can translate files into 4 or 5
@:) different proprietary formats, using 3 or 4 different platforms,
@:) and have it ready by April.
@:)
@:) There, that isn't so bad now, is it?

  Well, I guess not but in actuality all we have to do is get the
confounded AWT (graphics interface) to work exactly the same on all
platforms and then let someone else write Excel for Java.  As for
translating files and the like, I don't think it's of great use for a
ship construction program.

  Maybe I'm wrong, though - it might be interesting to have one of
these programs turn out FT ship descriptions in various internet-ready
formats (for programs such as ftmap or whatever).  One courageous
tester of my ship construction applet suggested just this but I never
got around to implementing it.

-joachim

Prev: Re: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!! Next: Re: What's NEW on THE PAGE!!!