Prev: Re: No Coffee for me, thanks... Next: Re: Hello from GZG

Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:36:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Merchant Hulls and Amphibious Vessesls

  Ok I'm bored so I will just start replying semirandomly to messages
that strike me as humorous.

hosford donald writes:
@:) IMHO I think you two have two different concepts in mind.  The
@:) design of the "amphibious ship" depends on which you use...
@:)
@:)  A) close support: the ship physically gets close to the shore,
@:) and then drops off the troops
@:)
@:)  B) landing craft: The ship stays out away from shore, and just
@:) launches landing craft.

  Uh... there's some kind of infinite recursion problem here in
B)... You probably meant landing SHIP.	Although, on the other hand,
it might confuse the enemy to produce an infinite succession of
landing craft, each bobbing menacingly in the cold predawn waters,
each spawning forth two more equally menacing landing craft....  I
wonder, would the new ships be the same size as the old ones or would
they get smaller and smaller and smaller....

-joachim

Prev: Re: No Coffee for me, thanks... Next: Re: Hello from GZG