Prev: No Coffee for me, thanks... Next: FT: The Next Madison Game

Re: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:13:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Demo Derby!

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, How much of this cave is underground? wrote:
> >	3.  I disobeyed the sacred rule of all space combat games.
> >SPEED IS LIFE!!!  I trudged along anywhere between 8 to 3.
>
> Is this necessarily true in FT?

Yes!  More accurately, relative speed is life, especially when facing
big mean one-arc weapons like wave guns and railguns.  If you've got the
speed and maneuverability to stay outside the other guy's front arc,
you have a good chance of taking out that monster ship.

Speed is also the best defense against missiles, because their limited
maneuverability starts to be a real handicap when you're going as fast
as
they are.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: No Coffee for me, thanks... Next: FT: The Next Madison Game