Prev: New Mine Rules Next: Re: [Epic] Space Fleet Figs

Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? (Fremen)

From: trapper <trapper@n...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 01:15:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] 15mm Figs, Anyone? (Fremen)

At 04:17 PM 2/8/97 +1100, Bob Blanchett wrote:
>I'm sure you could convert some 19th cenbtury turkish or ottoman turks
>scrub up as fremen.

   Ah,this is a really interesting idea,I'll have to check that out
(although I'm not sure how much the turkish uniform looks like a
stil-suit).
I'll look around for some. :)

At 05:13 AM 2/8/97 +0200, Niko Mikkanen wrote:

>Actually, come to think of it, the Citadel 28mm Van Saar miniatures for
>their Necromunda game come pretty close. No nose-plugs, but this sort
of a

[snip]
   I've been trying to stay out of GW/Citadel's product mill,but I'll
give
them a shot. Hopefully they won't look like the steroid-fiends I've seen
for
space marines. Price is also a factor,but I'll check the local shops.
   Well,I'll look around. I could let you know what I find,if anyone is
interested in Fremen (how well would Stargrunt adapt to Dune,anyway? I
haven't yet had a chance to get SG yet).
   Here's an idea for a Do-It-Yourself Dune model: get one of those big
white Japanese goldfish (or an albino catfish,for a smaller scale!),and
put
it in a jar or rectangular clear plastic container. Instant Spice
Navigator.
:) A purist might want to add a bit of yellow food-coloring to the water
simulate the spice melange,although I don't know if it's very healthy
for
the fish. Maybe it's best not to try.
   Can you tell I'm tired? :)

-Scott (looking forward to playing Full Thrust tomorrow night...)
_______
Trapper 					 "Smoke me a kipper;
trapper@nwlink.com			    I'll be back for
breakfast!!"
						-Ace Rimmer,"Red Dwarf"
_______

Prev: New Mine Rules Next: Re: [Epic] Space Fleet Figs