Prev: Re: Starbase models Next: Re: SGII: Non-penetrating hit

RE: Odd Thrust

From: Brett L McDonald <highland@n...>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 22:46:49 -0500
Subject: RE: Odd Thrust

>Odd thrust factors. I have my own guidelines for ships with odd thrust
>factors. I have the players divide the move between the first and
second
>part of the move. The "extra" point of movement is applied to the first

>half of the movement. That is a velocity of 5 with a 3 point turn would

>turn 1 point, move 3", turn 2 points, and then move 2". How do others
on
>the list handle the situation. The rules are silent on the subject
>(unless you split it 2.5" & 2.5").

I always use the definition under Core Rules "Making Course Changes",
that for Odd Numbers, round down for the first half of the move, and up
for the second.  Hence velocity 5 making a 3 point turn would turn 1
pt., move 2", turn 2 pts., move final 3".

Brett

Prev: Re: Starbase models Next: Re: SGII: Non-penetrating hit