Prev: Re: FT-Battle Report Next: Re: GZG and Copyright

Re: Firecons

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 00:59:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Firecons

At 07:25 PM 1/31/97 +1100, you wrote:
>We recently had a situation arise while battling in dust clouds.
>After nominating that certain batteries were going to fire on a
particular
ship we rolled to get a weapons lock, and failed.
>My opponent then declared that because the weapons had not been fired
and
because their ship had 3 firecons that they could try to fire the same
batteries by attempting to get a lock on with the next firecon and if
that
failed with the next one.
>The rules state that firecons can be used to target multiple opponents
not
the same ship multiple times.
>Any Ideas??

I would probably let the ship try to target the one ship with all
firecons
if the player wanted. That would actually give firecons an extra use. On
the
other hand, I would make him declare all his firecons before he started
roll to hit with his weapons. If he wants to use all three firecons on
your
ship, he gives up the chance of firing at any other ship that turn.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: FT-Battle Report Next: Re: GZG and Copyright