Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

From: Jerry Han <jerry@u...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:16:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

bolton.ac.uk!owner-ftgzg-l wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Jerry Han wrote:
>
> > I wonder if in the supership range, point scales should become
> > exponential.  That'll keep things away from the MASS 2000 Death
Stars
> > that destroy entire solar systems in one gigantic blow.  I know
> > any system is open to abuse, but I've heard too many stories about
the
> > mega-death dealing dreadnaught.  (As it stands now, unless you've
got a
> > BIG table, tin cans will get slaughtered vs. line ships.)
>
>	The sick thing is, they actually like coming up with the SUPER
> SUPER dreadnaughts and pitting them against one another.  What's a guy

> like me who actually want's a fair, balanced fleet scenarios (i.e.
take
> the starbase, convoy duty, etc.) supposed to do?
>
> Well...to quote Jesse "The Body" Ventura:  "It's Payback Time!" ;-)
>
> Powell Class Gunship:
> Mass: 100
> DP: 50
> Points Cost: 1048
> Thrust Factor: 4
> Armor 2 (This group decided that human tech ships can mount armor.)
> 16 A Batteries (3 arc)
> 2 Submunition Packs

SIXTEEN A-bats!?  (Drool, drool babble, babble.)

> Sheridan Class Superdreadnaught:
> Mass: 90
> DP: 45
> Points Cost: 872
> Thrust Factor: 4
> Armor 2
> 1 Wave Gun
> 2 Pluse Tropedos
> 2 AA Megabatteries
> 4 A Batteries (3 Arc)
> 1 Extra Fire Con

Oh my.

> Morgan Class Super Heavy Cruiser (Varient A):
> Mass 36
> Points Cost: 262
> Thrust Factor: 4
> Armor 2
> 2 Pluse Torps.
> 2 A Batteries
>
> Morgan Class Super CA (Varient B):
> Replace the Pluse Torps with a Wave Gun.
>
> That should balence things out.

Oh my indeed.  It better.

SIXTEEN.  96 points max damage against unshielded targets.  Ahhh.

I have the distinct image I'm in the Star Wars Universe or something.
(8 km long starships... no problem!)  (8-)

J.>

--
     Jerry Han - jhan@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca - I disclaim
everything

Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years