Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:55:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years

At 09:37 AM 1/30/97 -0800, Alan wrote:

>May I make a suggestion? Firstly, the group you're playing with seems a
>little... odd. OK, if those are the rules....
>
>1) Buy an AMT model of a Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer.
>2) Make it a Supership. A 4,000 pt ship. At least 100 A Batteries as
the
>secondary armament.
>3) After showing that you can be "cheesier than thou", lead them back
>the paths of Righteousness.

Can't put 100 A batteries on a 4000 point ship if you have to have an
FTL
drive. You're 300 points too high. You can do this, though:

Class Name:	Kickbutt
Point Cost:	3736
Ship Class:	Supership (Military)
Mass:	500/250
Thrust: 1
	FTL Drive Equipped

Weapons
Beams:	72 A Beam batteries with 3 firing arcs (Fwd, Port, Stbd)

Fire Control:	11 Fire Control Systems

Defensive Systems
	10 Screen Generator Levels
	11 Damage Control Parties

Other Systems
	1 Superior Sensor
	1 Indvidual ECM Module

Damage Points per Threshold Level
	20 / 20 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21 / 21

It's pretty slow, but then you're not going anywhere. If you want to
save
some points for another couple of ships or something, put in 43
megabatteries. The price drops to 3445. Either way, make sure you're
using
the damage control parties rules.

I disagree with the AMT Star Destroyer model, though. Best model is a
single
Micromachines Shuttlecraft (it lulls them into a false sense of
security;
besides some of us have tonnes of these things lying around). A Borg
cube
would work, but it gives too much away.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years Next: Re: Still Lousy After All These Years