Prev: Thanks! Re: Micromachine Conversions Next: Re: Trek and Rhodan

Re: Forces in DSII and SGII

From: osiris.1@i...
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 00:59:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Forces in DSII and SGII

On 01/27/97 22:29:22 John wrote:

<SGII stuff snipped>

>My DSII minis tend
>to work the same way--groups or around 20 or thirty figures painted in
>distinct fashion.  When I get organized, I'm going to design a
background
>with lots of mercenary units to explain all of this....  How do other
people
>do things?  Paint one or two BIG forces, and work with those?	Or is
there
>yet a third way?  Inquiring minds want to know?
>
>John Crimmins
>johncrim@voicenet.com

I'm doing basically what you are. That is, paint many moderate-sized
units
in distinctive (cool!) patterns and use them as mercs. The largest unit
have is my Islamic Federation (Allah u'Ackbar!) strike force painted in
desert pattern. Having weened myself of <spit> Game$ Work$hop's <ack>
"you
must paint our way" nonsense, I am inclined to paint as many different
patterns as the mood strikes me.

BTW, if any of you still have MB's Fortress America, the helicopters and

hovertanks are *perfect* for DSII. The game was quite awful, but the
pieces
were winners!

Christopher

Prev: Thanks! Re: Micromachine Conversions Next: Re: Trek and Rhodan