Prev: RE: Realistic movement thoughts Next: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks...

Re: Space Operas

From: Michael Carter Llaneza <mllaneza@s...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 21:57:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Operas

At 11:20 AM -0800 1/23/97, " wrote:

>	I haven't read Crusade just yet.  All I know about if is that's
>its set in the Starfire game backgroud. (Weber wrote the current
>version of
>the rules.)  But given the way he wrote the Honor Harrington books, I
can
>imagine that it's a good read.

>Later,
>Mark S.

I read "Insurrection" recently. It was definitely NOT up to speed
compared to the Honor Harronton books, nor to "Path of the Fury" (which
I highly recommend). The dialogue and political intrigue came accross a
little fuzzy. The combat scenes were even a little less interesting.
I've played Starfire since 1979, and I did not get as good a look into
that universe as I wanted from my first Starfire novel. I reread all of
the Honor Harrington series, once was enough for "Insurrection."

Michael Carter Llaneza
http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.

Processor	     Clock Speed       Bytemark Integer Benchmarks
Pentium 	       90 MHz			      1.0
Pentium 	      200 MHz			      2.1
PowerPC 603e	      117 MHz			      2.2
Pentium Pro	      200 MHz			      2.8
PowerPC 603e	      200 MHz			      3.8
PowerPC 604e	      200 MHz			      4.5

Prev: RE: Realistic movement thoughts Next: Re: PLEASE READ, this is important folks...