Prev: Re: Gall Force Part 2 Next: Re: DSII Questions

Re: The Digital Battlefield

From: "I'm telling you, the beard and mustache are rea--OW! Okayyy, so I lied." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 17:44:58 -0500
Subject: Re: The Digital Battlefield

>@:) >>   For anyone considering writing an FT map-drawing program or a
>@:) >> program for working out FT movements, I strongly encourage that
you
>@:) >> take a serious look at Java as the language to use. ...
>@:)
>@:) Don't forget us who are in the VMS enviroment!!
>
>  Ouch.  I take it they don't have Java for VMS yet?

Not that I'm aware of. We *just* recently acquired Netscape-for-VMS a
couple months back, but it's still a little clunky (and version 2.02)

>Do they have X
>for VMS yet?

X? X??

Isn't that something you center your target on?

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Gall Force Part 2 Next: Re: DSII Questions