Prev: Re: DSII PDF Form Next: RE: Computer game

RE: FT Battles

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:51:27 -0500
Subject: RE: FT Battles

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Simon Campbell-Smith wrote:
> Has any body out there tried the following. Divide the table sides
into 6
> equal lengths and number them one to six. Divide the oposing fleets up

> into squadrons or what ever takes your fancy. Roll a dice for each
> Squadron and note down the value. ....

We've done this before, and it adds additional maneuvering to the game.
Both players will want to concentrate their forces in order to
concentrate
their firepower.

The only problem comes when one player has their forces coming in close
to each other (based on the starting die roll), and the other has their
forces split across the table.	It's a real challenge to try to
consolidate your forces when there's a lot of starting distance between
them.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: Re: DSII PDF Form Next: RE: Computer game