Prev: RE: Tsiolkovsky Light Carrier Next: Re: Tsiolkovsky Light Carrier

Re: Superior Models, Inc

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:11:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Superior Models, Inc

Donald Hosford wrote:
>Say does anyone remember Superior Models?  No?

Yes.  I have a few of the Terran ships and would be very interested in
finding any of the ships.

>They made a line of spaceship mini's (amoungst other things)  back in
the
>late 70's.  They also published a simple miniature game for their space
>mini's called: Starfleet Wars.   Their line represented 5 different
fleets.
>Their "supergalactic dreadnoughts" were 5" long!  (I have a picture
from an
>OLD dragon mag).

The fleets included the Carnivore, Entomolian, Terran, Avarian, and I
think
the Aquarian.  The supergalactic dreadnoughts were huge! - like you
stated.
The quality was usually very good with little to no flash.

>One day I was at a local hobby shop.  I paused to look in their
>"Please-pay-me-a-dollar-so-I-can-get-rid-of-this-stuff" box.  I found
book 2
>of starfleet wars in there.   This is just an expansion.

Lucky fellow!

>I called them last
>spring, April or May, and I asked them about the availablity of Book 1
for
>starfleet wars.  They said  they didn't have any in stock, but they
were
>thinking of reprinting the game, and making more of the mini's.   They
put
>me on a list and they said they will send me book 1 if they publish it
>again.  So far I haven't heard anything more.

Last year a friend of mine contacted Superior as well and they said they
did
re-release them about a year ago in pewter, but they did not sell well
so
they dropped them again.  I think if they marketed the ships better so
folks
like us knew about it they wouldn't have such a problem.  If they are
planning to re-re-release the minis please keep us informed!  I would
very
much like to get the tons of minis they made that I do not own yet. 8)
BTW,
how can I get on their mailing list?

Also, my favorite old line is the Stardate:3000 series from Valiant
miniatures produced way back when as well.  Most of the Terran ships had
saucer section at the front followed by a modular body with detailed
plumbing and big engine pods.  The alien ships usually had a tubular
design
with trumpet looking exhausts.	I own several of the Terran ships, but
none
of the alien ones.  Anyone with any knowledge of where I could find
these
minis for sale, please let me know.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: RE: Tsiolkovsky Light Carrier Next: Re: Tsiolkovsky Light Carrier