Prev: Re: Dirtside II question Next: Re: looking for pics\SPOILER B5

Re: Dirtside II question

From: Chun Wang <cwang@d...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 15:50:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II question

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Chun Wang wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>

> > This is what that rule implies, yes. However, if you look at the
list of
> > system sizes (don't remember which side it is, but directly after
the
> > example design of the size 4 hover tank) that list specifies the
GSM/L as
> > 2 cap.points and the GSM/H as 4 cap.points. I think that this is an
> > oversight - ie, I agree with your interpretation - yet those who
claim
> > that a GSM/H uses 4 cap.points no matter how it is mounted has
rather
> > strong support in the rules too.
> >

> I think GMS is a fairly portable system. It does not requir much
space.
> After all GMS/L can be carried by infantry, much like today's weapon.
So
> I still think GMS/H should be only size class 2

Sorry to reply to myself... okay the deal about GMS for one last time...

On page 11 of DS II, under the section WEAPON FIT LIMITATIONS:,
paragraph 4.

	"Note that this refers to DIRECT FIRE WEAPON ONLY (include SLAM
	packs); other weapons such as Guided Missile System, Point
Defence,
	etc. all occupy fixed amounts of capacity as listed in the
systems
	table on P.16, regardless of whether they are turret-mounted or
not."

So... I guess all GMS/H cost 4 capacity points, and it can be either
turrent or a fix mount depend on how the model display the GMS/H.

*
*"To be or not to be that is the question."
*
*To be is infinite better then to be in the limbo flowing around...
*
*So.....			 Get a life... :)
*
*Chun-Kai Wang a.k.a. Kevin, Zelt, and Zilvra Argith
*
*

Prev: Re: Dirtside II question Next: Re: looking for pics\SPOILER B5