Prev: Re: B5 Questions Next: Re: B5 Questions

Re: Starship Trooper Previews

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:25:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Trooper Previews

There's been some talk about this both hear and on the newsgroup. I've
heard
rumours that the power armour couldn't be modelled because they broke
the
bank on the bugs, but I'm not sure I believe that. More likely that the
script writers didn't think the power armour was that useful.  They've
taken
out most of the politics from the book (not necessarily a bad thing, but
it
doesn't leave much). I've also heard that it takes place on Earth. Don't
expect anything close to a faithful adaptation. I'm going to watch it
with
the attitude that they paid the Heinlein estate for the name and the
bugs.
Other than that, I'm going to rate it on its own merits.

At 06:41 PM 1/5/97 -0700, Binhan wrote:
>I just saw a Starship Trooper Preview.  The bugs look pretty good,
sorta
>like preying mantises on steroids with a wild color pattern (yellow and

>green in jagged stripes?)  However all the troopers looked like LAPD in

>riot gear, no power suits to be seen.	They even landed in assault
>shuttles.  Doesn't appear to have a whole lot of technology connection
>with the novel, looks much more like Aliens above ground and in the
daylight.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: B5 Questions Next: Re: B5 Questions