Prev: Re: Ion Cannons Next: Re: Bay area (was Re: New to the List)

Re: Ion Cannons

From: ericski@m... (Eric Fialkowski)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 19:12:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Ion Cannons

> Each system can only be rolled for only once due to hits from a single

> ship's fire.	There is the potential that no systems will be destroyed
if
> hits are made.  If a second ship hits the target ship with Ion Cannon
> fire, a new set threshold rolls would commence.
>
> Bio-ships and similar ships without internal systems would take damage

> equal to the hits rolled (shock damage).
>
> Comments? Questions? Nasty remarks? Should screens reduce hits like
beams?

No nasty remarks but I think it would benefit from two things:
1.  Force some kind of order (start with systems "on the side" hit
from/or
systems that can fire into side hit from)
2.  Disruption of fire control/manuevering or something.  The ion cannon
fired	      from Hoth sure affected the Star Destroyer.  I think maybe
for
each hit	 scored, one firecon is disrupted for 1 turn?
   +		 Eric Fialkowski	       +
  +    http://netnow.micron.net/~ericski      +

Prev: Re: Ion Cannons Next: Re: Bay area (was Re: New to the List)