Prev: Re: New to the List Next: Re: Wing Commander for FT?

Re: Mars Attacks Ships **Spoiler Alert**

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 11:32:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Mars Attacks Ships **Spoiler Alert**

Brian Bell wrote:
>S P O I L E R	for Mars Attacks
>
>For Mars Attacks

>Mars Attacks is a lame comedy. If you go to see it do NOT pay full
price.
>It did have 50's style flying saucers, however. Below are stats for the

>flying saucers and a secret Earth weapon. :)

It was kinda goofy with a few good laughs, but the computer graphics and
special effects were good.  I thought they did a good job at poking fun
at
several old Sci-Fi movies.

:
>Systems:
>"M" Beam Projector (4 arc)
>Energy Field Intercepter (x4)
>Marines (4 squads)
>
>The "M" Beam Projector only has a range of 12" but does 6d6 acutal
damage
>(3+ to hit). The "M" Beam Projector may be fired twice per round at
>independant targets.

I would limit this to one target per turn since it was mounted like a
turret
weapon.

>The Energy Field Intercepter is an independantly targeted, device. It
is
>deployed automatically when a large energy field (Nuclear (Std) or EMP
>missile, Wave (from Wave Gun), or Nova Cannon plasma projecter) weapon
>targets the ship. It will negate the weapons' attack on a roll of 2+
>(1d6). After intercepting 1 rounds energy field it must return to the
>ship.

It might be good to limit how many of these units are available or just
treat them as a PDAF.

>Marines are deployed when the ships land on a planet. The marines are
>equiped with environment suits. The environment suits are proof against

>high speed projectiles (ie. bullets). However, a
>heavy-weight-boxing-champion-class punch can crack their helments
>allowing in toxic oxygen atmosphere).

I remember a few being taken out by conventional rounds.

>Weaknesses
>1) The Martians have a strange lust for human females (considering that

>they are sexless). This should be exploited to full advantage.

Hey, a good excuse for nose art! ;)

>2) Yodeling Cowboy music causes the Martians heads to explode. By the
>time of full thrust, this music is all but extenct. If an earth ship
has
>such a record (and player) it may be patched in to the communications
of
>the earth ship. Causes PERMANENT loss of 1 Fire Control per round of a
>selected Martian Saucer.

I think it was Dwight Yokum or something.  Almost made my head explode
as
well! ;)  How about adding uncontrolled flight where the ship moves in a
random direction since the entire crew is affected.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: New to the List Next: Re: Wing Commander for FT?