Prev: Re: (North) American games...(perhaps I should rephrase this :-) ) Next: re: (North) American games...

Re: PDAF/ADAFs

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 09:02:57 -0500
Subject: Re: PDAF/ADAFs

<<
 "4) PDAF/ADAFs should be able to target any fighter/missile in range.

 ADAFs already do this."
<< -------------------- End Original Message --------------------

 <Incorrect. ADAFs may only attack fighters/missiles that are attacking
the
ship
 <on which they are mounted or friendly ships within 6". This means that
fighter
 <group that is 2" away (in range even for a PDAF) and attacks a
friendly
ship
 <that is 7" away, the ADAF on your ship may NOT fire at the fighters!
Also
if the
 <fighter group does not attack anything, it cannot be targeted.

 <Page 17 FT:
 <"There are two types of Anti-Fighter (AF) systems:	POINT DEFENCE
and AREA
 <DEFENCE. A POINT DEFENCE AF system is only capable of engaging
Fighters
			  <that are actually attacking the ship equipped
with
the system - it is purely a
 <self-defence weapon. An AREA DEFENCE AF system, on the other hand, may
   <engate ANY Fighter Group that is within a 6" range of the carring
ship,
OR that is
 <ATTACKING any friendly ship within 6" of the ADAF carring ship."

Um, Brian?  The rules you quoted seem to state that an ADAF system CAN
fire
on ANY fighter group, regardless of whether or not it is attacking, if
it
gets within 6" of the ADAF-equiped ship.  This is the way the rules are
designed to work.  How do I (and Mike) know this?  We both ran FT games
for
GEO-HEX at the last GenCon with Jon Tuffley watching and we asked him
this
same question.	From Jon, ADAF systems can attack ANY fighter
(attacking,
loitering, parallel parking,.....) that comes within 6" of an
ADAF-equiped
ship. Also works for missiles.

Morgul, aka Morgan Keyes
Sine Pari
Airborne All The Way!
 <Brian Bell
 <103311.1205@compuserve.com >>

Prev: Re: (North) American games...(perhaps I should rephrase this :-) ) Next: re: (North) American games...