Prev: re: (North) American games... Next: Re: (North) American games...

Apology to list, Adam, for stirring shit up.

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 02:02:44 -0500
Subject: Apology to list, Adam, for stirring shit up.

Well, I know I said I didn't want a nationality flame war
(fortunately, I think the timing of my post meant the Brits mostly
haven't seen it yet and it's all gotten side tracked into Canada-
USA... odd really, since I lumped them both together as North
America...).

Well, that was all really stupidly naive and unthinking of me.

I apologise to the list for starting this off. I hope my sundry
follow-ups are received as being made in a spirit of discussion
rather than argument.

Sorry, Adam.

In message <9612132238.AA25649@gecko.zycor.lgc.com> jjm@zycor.lgc.com
(johnjmedway) writes:
> >>  From: Rukesh Korde <rkorde@dolphin.upenn.edu>
> >>  I agree.	No American could have ever written:
> >>
> >>  2057	Britain, Canada and the United States unite under the
Crown and
> >>	create the [New] Anglican Confederation.  Admiral Dewsbury
> >>	appointed Lord Governor of the territory previously known
> >>	as the United States of America.
>
> Because it's too much of a British Monarchists wet dream.

I've got to say that the greatest facination I've seen regarding
monarchy comes from the U.S.A. I've seen plenty of American SF
background with silly monarchies.

Renagade Legion comes from America? Isn't that Commonwealth
remarkably British? (I hope I'm remering that correctly.)

The real staple I note in American future-histories is nuclear war.
That really used to scare me. It seemed like America genuinely could
not conceive of a future where there wasn't a nuking contest held
with Russia. Usually it would be held in Europe, leaving America
alone as a bastion of freedom etc.

Loved the Ogre background... "The Battle of Sheffield".

--
David Brewer

Prev: re: (North) American games... Next: Re: (North) American games...