Prev: carrier Superships Next: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:21:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Chad Taylor wrote:
>
> > Rail Guns:
> >
> > (1) Rail Guns have lost their double damage ability.
> >	    [This change had the unexpected benefit of actually helping
speed
> >	     play as well as balancing out the damage they can do.]
>
> How do you represent Kra'Vak armour? After all, it was developed to
> protect against rail guns, but only reduces the chance of double
damage.

Ouch, good point.  We only allow the Kra'Vak to use Kra'Vak tech so it
hasn't been a problem.	Never had a Bug-v-Bug battle.  I'm not sure what
would suggest.	Maybe, subtract 1 from the damage done by a Railgun per
level of armor on a d6 roll of 4+?  Got me, any suggestions?.  :)

> [Many good ideas snipped]
>
> > (3) Class 10 Scattergun:
>
> >	The Class 10, unlike other weapons, does not have an unlimited
> > amount of ammunition.  Rounds must be bought separately by the
Kra'Vak
> > player and represented on the ship (they can be "destroyed" by
threshold
> > checks).  Each `round' of ammunition allows the ship to fire the
Class 10
> > Scattergun one time.
>
> Why? If the Class 10 Railgun don't have to buy separate ammo (and Nova

> Cannon/Waveguns certainly don't) I don't think this weapon should have
> either. Of course, it is very much smaller than a Wavegun (and doesn't

> risk blowing up!), so additional ammo might be needed.

For a couple of reasons.  Mostly it was a game balance thing, I was
looking for some way to limit the strength of the weapon in the same way
as the Wave Gun.  I couldn't see a "build up of energy system" and this
is
what I finally settled on because it gave the Kra'Vak weapon a different
feel from other tech.  Given the Range that the projectiles have to
travel
and the area they would have to saturate I figured we were talking about
BUNCH of "something" that probably shouldn't be unlimited.  The  C10
Railguns fired every other turn because of the time it took to
reload/cool
down/etc.

> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
>
> "Father, what is wrong?"
> "My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
>  I have forgotten how to dance."
> - Londo Mollari

Chad Taylor

Prev: carrier Superships Next: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules