Prev: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Re: FTIII (what *exactly* is FMA anayway?)

Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:05:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Date sent:  12-DEC-1996 09:01:28

>>The most attractive idea I've seen so far is to have a hardback book
>>containing the rules from both Full Thrust and More Thrust, along with

>>whatever new stuff Jon publishes but the printing bill for hardback
books
>>can be enormous, and there's no guarantee that it would sell enough
copies
>>to make a profit.

>One option here is to have a pre-printing subscription.  This works for

>various arcane historical primary sources.  Then GZG can guarantee at
least
>costs are covered to "break-even" and print a reasonable number
thereafter
>for future sales.

>Although, all three DS/SG/FT might increase the subscription base...

But people who are only interested in one of the three games would have
one
hell of an overhead. Think of GW's second incarnation of Epic. You could
buy
boxes with not quite enough models to make Three different forces, now
if they
had sold each force separately...

Another problem I've seen here is New Edition vs Suplament. Is the
Suplament
such a great idea? Think of it like SFB, you need the core rules PLUS
this
PLUS that PLUS the other before you can play. So for us old hands, a new

suplament may seem preferable, but I'd go for a new edition because that
is
what new players would want.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Re: FTIII (what *exactly* is FMA anayway?)