Prev: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

From: Gary Ballard <gdaddy@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 02:35:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Kra'Vak house-rules

Chad Taylor wrote:

> (4) Class 10 Railgun:
>	  The Class 10 railgun is an enlarged version of the normal
railgun.
> It is a spinal mount weapon, but may fire into the forward arc (rather
> than directly ahead).  You do not have to buy separate rounds for this
> Class 10 weapon.
>	  The Class 10 Railgun has the same chance of hitting as a
normal
> Railgun and may target only one ship at a time (it is not an area
affect
> weapon).  The Class 10 Railgun may only fire every other turn.
>	  The Class 10 Railgun will cause 10 points of damage if it
hits.
> In addition to the damage normally caused the Railgun will also cause
the
> ship struck to suffer an additional threshold check from the shock of
such
> a single large projectile hitting it.  This additional threshold check
is
> made on the current (after all damage this volley) level.
>	  The Class 10 Railgun takes up 10 mass and costs 50 points to
> mount.
>
> [A ship may have only one "Class 10" weapon and only a Capital ship
may
> mount one.]

I only have one problem with the Class 10 Railgun in your rules. It's a
ticky little thing but might help.

First off, if the Class 10 Railgun fires such a large projectile, it
would have a limited supply of ammo. After all, that's one helluva rock!
So, I would think that a points cost for rounds, or a limit on the # or
rounds it comes with would be a appropriate. The thought of 10 points of
damage coming every other round, with an extra threshold check is quite
frightening, and does nothing to limit the power of the Kr'Vak.

The rest of the rules however, I like. I might try these rules, if I can
get my group to agree. Good work.

Gary A. Ballard
gdaddy@misnet.com
"I'm alive. The rest is negotiable."
			Stephen Franklin
			Babylon 5

Prev: Kra'Vak house-rules Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]