Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]

Re: A complete turn-around of attitude...

From: bobblanchett@i... (Bob Blanchett)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:40:45 -0500
Subject: Re: A complete turn-around of attitude...

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:07:13 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>grapplers.  A launch tube could send one fighter group per turn out in
the
>direction it is installed, at a distance up to the fighter groups max
>movement(12").  A static launch bay could allow one fighter group to
launch
>per turn, but receives no additional launch movement(i.e. it is
stationary
>until fighter movement).  An external grappler launches fighter groups
the
>same as static launch bays, but the fighter group is not protected by
the
>ship's hull(exposed to needle weapons, etc.).

We use these in our group. call 'em  launch/drop tubes. 2 mass 8
points per hangar on the ship.
We allow players who want to pay the extra to fix a direction (P,S or
R) and launch them 6" in that arc at the midpoint or end  of a ship's
move.
Tubes are an  either or option all bays are fitted or none. Tubes are
tied to a particular hangar. Recovery is per the normal  rules and the
tubes are threshold checked like normal. Once destroyed launching is
treated as for non carriers.
--
Bob Blanchett
bobblanchett@iname.com

Prev: Re: FTIII Next: Re: Points, Mass and FT3 [FAO MJE-JMT-GZG]