Prev: Re: Conversion reasons for FT... Next: Re: Scotia Minifigs

SG II in 25 mm

From: b.s.murray@n... (Stuart Murray)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 07:31:17 -0500
Subject: SG II in 25 mm

snip
>When I'm playing SGII on my 4'x6' table, I feel as though the game is
missing
>a key element:  maneuver.  The units of troopers get suppressed too
easily
>and the game bogs down from there.  This makes the time delay for
battalion
>or regimental support fire ridiculous (we've never had a game last more
than
>two turns).  Eight 25mm (or 28mm) grunts per unit on one inch bases
take up
>alot of table space (I don't like SGII being played like 40K:	I line
up all
>of my guys on this side vs. your lined up guys on the other side.  This
is SF
>not ancients!)
snip

I agree with this thread SGII is difficult to play 'properly' with 25/28
mm
figs (e.g. two opposing platoons) on a 6x4 board,  there just is not the
room for squads to maneuver without being shot at.  I rarely play
anything
more than a couple of squads on this size of board.   (I must amitt to
being lucky enough to have a 9x5 board in the garage which starts to be
big
enough for 2 platoons plus a couple of APCs in support).

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

The Department of Surgery
The Medical School
The University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE2 4HH
U.K.

ph. (44) 191 222 7076
fax. (44) 191 222 8514

Prev: Re: Conversion reasons for FT... Next: Re: Scotia Minifigs