Prev: Conversion reasons for FT... Next: Volume in FT

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 18:38:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk> said...
[heavy editing]
>And then there are EMP missiles, which can _really_ cripple big ships
>(and exactly how is an EMP missile supposed to work in the vacuum of
>space??? EMP is caused by an atmospheric effect after all).
>
>--
>Be seeing you,
>Sam.

Umm.  EMP = Electro Magnetic Pulse.  Nothing in there has anything to
do with an atmosphere.	This is just radiation: Light, Gamma waves,
radio waves, etc.  Travels just fine in a vacuum.  In fact, it does
better there than in the atmosphere, no pesky molecules to scatter and
absorbe it.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- Gamer, Re-Enactor, hecka stressed	We're here to make your life
better!=-=
=-= and trying not to be too homesick for the BA	 -Morrow Quotes
   -=-

Prev: Conversion reasons for FT... Next: Volume in FT