Prev: Re: Missile storms Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...

Conversion reasons for FT...

From: Hal Carmer <hal@b...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 18:19:28 -0500
Subject: Conversion reasons for FT...

> >> How many people are involved in crewing the ship?
> >
> >Does it matter? Divide the crew into 'personnel points' and refrain
from
> >defining just how many people there are in each pp...
> >
> >Specifying crew sizes reduces the genericity (...strange word...) of
FT.
> >I'm very much against that.
>
> Using crew might be interesting for those running an RPG with FT as
the
> space going element.

  The main reason I even began to contemplate the idea of putting values
on FT's ships (ie weight and volume) is for what Mike just mentioned -
as
an adjunct to roleplaying games.  It is my hope to come up with
"reasonable" production rates, and use them in my upcoming "civil war".
Earth remains balkanized, and still maintains the basic approach that
space shall not become the militarized domain of any one nation.  Only
the United Nations could maintain a space fleet, and said fleet was
subsidized by all of the other nations.  However, I have, in my "world"
the situation where Brazil and China begin to work in concert behind the
scenes, North America along with England form a political block, Europe
forms another, Russia begins a new block, and the Islamic nations form
yet
another block.
  Unfortunately, Earth begins to break out into another situation
similar
to pre-WW I conditions, and all it will take is a minor spark to set
things in motion.  Eventually, the wars will be fought by proxy by the
colonies much like the Spanish Main during the 16 and 17 hundreds AD...

  But I too am a veteran of Starfire, Starfleet Battles, Squadleader,
PanzerLeader, etc... and look forward to seeing a campaign structure
evolve for FT...

	  Hal

Prev: Re: Missile storms Next: Re: Why big ships are too good...