Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Virus Alert! -Reply + URL

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:00:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Mike Miserendino wrote:

> Chad Taylor wrote:
> :
> >operational (the other half being made up of actual other ships).
With so
> >many systems on large ships I just think they are a little more
vulnerable
> >to threshold checks: three screens means a 50/50 chance of losing one
on
> >the first check, firecons are about the same, etc.
>
> The structure of larger ships would tend to be more protective for
internal
> systems than those for smaller ships.  I like the way the threshold
system
> works right now since it should be easier to damage a smaller ship.
>

> Mike Miserendino

Oh, don't get me wrong!  I like the threshold system as it is.	I
think it is a great balance against the advantages of larger ships.  I'm
not arguing for a change in the system - I'm only arguing that large
ships
aren't the end all [and maybe just to argue :)	].  Actually, I think
that
each class of ship has its place in a fleet/campaign.  I suspect that a
well balanced/planned fleet of mixed ships would do well against a fleet
made up of extremes (escorts or large).

Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: Why big ships are too good... Next: Re: Virus Alert! -Reply + URL