Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: Re: Campaign rules?

Re: Reflex Field Questions

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 17:20:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Reflex Field Questions

Craig Mitchell wrote:
>The current discussions on needle beams and the reflex field prompted
me to
>think what happens if you attack a reflex field protected ship with a
needle
>beam (assuming at least some of the beam is reflected - if not then the
point
>is moot!)
>As the beam is targetted on a specific system I would think it unlikely
>hit anything on reflection but I suppose it is possible (maybe a random
>system hit on the firing ship on a further roll of 6) Also if half of
the
>beam is reflected does the targetted ship lose the system or not?

Good point.  I like the idea of a random roll to see if it might hit the
originating ship.  If the needle beam gets reflected, it would seem the
reflected energy might not be as coherent as when it was fired by the
needle
beam weapon.  How about treating it as a single C-beam battery to hit
since
it is a single weapon system and probably would be reduced in
effectiveness
if its beam was dispersed.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: Re: Campaign rules?