Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: Re: Reflex Field Questions

Re: Why big ships are too good...

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:09:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Why big ships are too good...

In message
<Pine.BSI.3.95.961205184551.23568E-100000@buffnet7.buffnet.net> you
wrote:

>   Question: someone mentioned something about being able to place 3
> shields on an escort.  How can this be?  It takes a minimum of 9 mass
> units to get 3 shields.  This would mean that the ship had to have a
> minimum of 18 mass units.  Isn't this larger than an escort class
ship?

Escorts are up to mass 18, cruisers mass 19 up to 36. So
Escorts _can_ have three levels of shields. It's slighlty
more useful if they don't have an FTL drive, but not much more
so (I never said 3 shields was practical - just possible!!).

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Campaign rules? Next: Re: Reflex Field Questions