Prev: Re: needle beam thoughts) Next: Re: needle beam thoughts

Re: needle beam thoughts)

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 23:35:19 -0500
Subject: Re: needle beam thoughts)

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, lojeck wrote:

> not QUITE what I was thinking... I play orc-ish armies (loads of cheap
> troops) most of the time, I was thinking an entire army of nothing
bigger
> then 50 tons (and not many of those!)
>
> I figure the sheer perponderance of targets would let me swarm about,
> leaving the enemy unsure who to shoot at, while my needle-snipers
sneak
> behind the enemy and start wreaking general havoc. (even if they don't
> shut down a ship, if they can mess with 4 a little bit each then
that's
> good to!!)
>
> and I hapen to like caterpillers!
>
> Brian Lojeck
> lojeck@mizar.usc.edu
>
> "This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
> Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that
they've
> been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never
ends..."

Something else to keep in mind is that if your fleet is made up of many
smaller craft an enemy fleet that begins losing firecons might have a
hard
time of it.  If you include mostly capital (100 mass type) ships then
the
odds are the enemy was going to fire all of any one single ships
firepower
at those ships anyways, thus reducing the disadvantage of losing some
(but
not all) of his firecons.

I would probably go for cruisers.  Put level two shields on it, about
six needle beams and a high thrust.  I haven't been too impressed with
escorts so far.  Has anyone else had good results with the smaller
ships?
What about Superships?

Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: needle beam thoughts) Next: Re: needle beam thoughts