Prev: Re: Space problems: Again. Next: Re: needle beam thoughts

needle beam thoughts

From: lojeck <lojeck@b...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:22:03 -0500
Subject: needle beam thoughts

given the recent discussion about needle beams, I though I'd chuck in my
opinion...

I'm designing my first FT fleet now, and I had an idea from an aircraft
that used to patrol the Ho Chi Mihn Trail. it was some form of cargo
craft, fitted with a whole bunch of guns firing out the left (or is it
right?) side. it would orbit any vehicles it wanted to kill, firing all
its weapons as it circled.

I'm designing some small craft, maybe 25 tons, with 8 thrust, 2 fire
control, and as many needlebeams as I can fit all firing into the same
arc. since you only need 1 firecon to fire x needlebeams at the same
systems, I figure if I can get maybe 6 beams in, I'm guaranteed a system
kill each shot! face them all out one side so I can orbit a ship, or fly
behind a row of ships, and go along knocking out weapons as you go!

just a thought... figured it would make them more effective...

Brian Lojeck
lojeck@mizar.usc.edu

"This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that
they've
been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never
ends..."

Prev: Re: Space problems: Again. Next: Re: needle beam thoughts