Prev: Re: Beam Weapons Next: Re: Beams and size classes

Re: Re[2]: Beam Weapons

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 11:21:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Beam Weapons

At 09:15 AM 11/29/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Secondly, we have recognised the problem with beam weapons inbalance
and
>the latest idea is to distinguish between "casemate" weapons (i.e.
single
>arc) and "turreted" (i.e. 2 or 3 arc):
>
>				MASS
>C battery (turretted only)	 1
>B battery (casemate)		 2
>B battery (turret)		 4
>A battery (casemate)		 4
>A battery (turret)		 8
>

>What do you all think??

	I think this is extremely cool (we've been using half mass for
single arc weapons for a while now) but have a question. With a turreted
A-bat at 8 mass, are you going to increase the mass available to capital
ships?

>As fas a "fix" for FT II is concerned, I think the simplicity of the A
>battery is MASS 4 is fine, and would recommend its adoption as a house
>rule. That's probably as "official" as you're going to get.
>

>Mike Elliott, GZG

	Good enough for me. Thanks.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Beam Weapons Next: Re: Beams and size classes