Prev: Stargrunt Question Next: Re: A big hello and Cancon 97

Re: Beam Weapons

From: Jim Bell & Christine Hartig <jnbell@i...>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 00:47:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Beam Weapons

Allan Goodall wrote:

> At 03:43 PM 11/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >The basic beam weapons within the game seem to force the selection of
> >the A battery over the B and C due to the range and die advantages.
Has
> >any tried using different die for the different batteries.
>
> It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that I want to add
different die
> types to FT as it would slow things down.
>
> I use B and C batteries by mandating their use in my game universe.
A's are
> only allowed on capital ships, B's are the largest available to
cruisers,
> and C's are used on escorts. What's more, in my Age of Iridium
background
> C's are the secondary mount. If a capital ship has A's, they can only
have a
> maximum of 4 with any other beam batteries mandated as C's. Cruisers
can
> have up to 4 B batteries, but the rest must be C's.

I realize that there is a time element introduced by the use of
different die but manidated class restrictions seems to put Escort class
ships at an even bigger disadvantage.

Ok another thought, all batteries use a D10.
A batteries base 30% hit  8,9 (1)	10 (2)
B batteries base 40% hit  7,8,9 (1)	10 (2)
C batteries base 50% hit  6,7,8,9 (1)	10 (2)

> If anyone is interested, I'll "publish" the full AOI ship design
criteria.

Sure, you can either send it to me personally or post it to the list.

jnbell@istar.ca

later Jim Bell

Prev: Stargrunt Question Next: Re: A big hello and Cancon 97