Prev: Re: Scotia MicroModels Next: Re: Conventional DS2?

Re: Conventional DS2?

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 02:59:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Conventional DS2?

Date sent:  21-NOV-1996 08:47:42

>On a more conventional FT List note, Scotia Micromodels have been
>advertising a large range of SF armour lately, along with several types
of
>infantry.  Most vehicles appear to come in 3 flavours, tracked, hover
and
>grav.	Scotia at their best are damn good, so I reckon I'll be ordering
some
>soon.

I was generaly disappointed with most of Scotia's range. I prefer more
futuristic looking tanks (The scotia range that you mention is a set
based on conventional hulls with either an air cushion added round the
hull, or flat plates instead of tracks. They do have new turrets).
Scotia
also do another range of SF vehicles labeled 'Imperial' or some such.
These are more futuristic looking grav tanks, and a tracked mobile
fortress. Worth a look.

If anyone wants some very futuristic looking grav tanks, try the Dark
Star
range. These are microarmour based on Denizens Federation and Phug. The
later model Federation (The Grav ones, not DSF-1, 2 or 3 which are quite
poor) are IMHO quite excellent. The Phug would make excellent 'Alien'
Tanks,
wether that be Kra'Vak, Phug, Eldar, little green men or whatever. They
are in scale with Space Marine stile figures, being someewhat larger
than
standard microarmour (Or the Future Wars range anyway). Well worth a
look.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Scotia MicroModels Next: Re: Conventional DS2?