Prev: RE: Scale of FT (longish and contains physics......) Next: RE: Should I go for it?

Re: Conventional DS2?

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:54:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Conventional DS2?

SNIP
>I'm not sure your concern about the apparent lack of difference
>between the WWII tanks will actually /matter/ that much in the context
>of a running game.  Sure, they'll have very similar stats, but the
>games I've played tend to have similar force compositions in any case.
>DSII should have no problem with the actual scenario you have in mind,
>in fact, you might find that the morale rules in DSII, simple as they
>are, emulate the tactics you'd expect to see going on better than some
>historical wargames.

So eg
Type:	   Sherman	 T34 model 1942     Panther	Tiger 1E
			    (ie76mm)
Size:	      3 	       3	       4	   5
Armour:       2 	       3	       4	   5
Engine:      CFE	      CFE	      CFE	  CFE
Mobility:  Slow Trk	   Fast Trk	    FastTrk    V.Slow.Trk
Weapons:    HVAC/3	    HVAC/3	     HVAC/4	 HVAC/5
      (HVAC/4 in Firefly)
Firecon:   Enhanced	     Basic	    Superior	Superior

That actually looks pretty reasonable, I'd say...

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: RE: Scale of FT (longish and contains physics......) Next: RE: Should I go for it?