Prev: FMA/Full Thrust combinations Next: Re: Should I go for it?

Re: Another dumbass Q

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@d...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:54:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Another dumbass Q

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, John Kovalic wrote:
> The bases are great - very sturdy, and I've attached 3/4" washers to
their
> undersides so that they can be carried on magnetic sheets. Paint
scheme:
> black bases, white arcs and flourescent green notches.

I paint mine all black, with bright silver notches and red lines in the
grooves that define the rear arc.

> I didn't think they'd look good, but they look a lot better than the
> plastic bases. Plus, they don't break off as easily.

Yep -- I have broken the tips off of so many plastic bases that I've
given up on using them.  They'll do in a pinch, but you have to drill a
hole down into the plastic post and glue a bit of wire into the hole to
make an unbreakable tip.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: FMA/Full Thrust combinations Next: Re: Should I go for it?