Prev: Re: A Newbie... Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 13:39:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules

>>  From: guay@portal.ca (Tim Guay)
>>  Subject: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules
>>  Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 17:26:57 +0100
>>  And the ships armament is vulnerable to an extent, especially the
light stuff.
>>  Come to think of it we should have special rules for firing at a
ship
>>  recovering or launching fighters. Nasty stuff getting shot though an
open
>>  hanger bay, could get grim if something big hits in there. Brings
back
>>  memories of cool scenes from Battlestar Galactica and from the Wing
>>  Commander novels, especially _End Run_ and _Fleet Action_.

Which reminds me of one popular local complaint about FT. There really
no such thing as a critical hit. You've got to pound the shit out of a
big ship forever, to neutralize or destroy it. Not as satisfying as
seeing a WWI German cruiser blow sky high on a magazine hit in a game
of Panzerschiffe the other day. And remember the Hood?

What kind of critical-hit rules have folks put into their games?

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: A Newbie... Next: Re: Variant PDAF/ADAF Rules