Prev: Re: Another dumbass Q Next: Re[2]: Dirtside II Mortar Teams

Re[2]: Looking for a new home.

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 06:16:19 -0500
Subject: Re[2]: Looking for a new home.

FWIW, I am _strongly_ against a Usenet group for GZG related discussion.

r.g.m.m already carries some, but the majority is here on this list.
This
has the _significant_ advantage that members have to subscribe to this
list
- That is, make a conscious effort to do so. Thereby the legal stuff
about
GZG being able to use stuff that appears here then applies. This would
not
be the case with a news group.

I would second the proposal that Andy Cowell (if he is willing) take it
on.
Andy's web pages are great and AFAIAC are the "standard" repository for
the
DSII and SGII FAQs as is Mark Siefert's page for FT.

Guys, Jon and I are deeply appreciative of your enthusiasm and
commitment
to GZG and its products. Thank you all!

If the list is too unwieldy as it is then "regional" lists that are
linked
sounds like a good answer to me.

Regards,

Mike Elliott, GZG

_________________________________
Subject: Re: Looking for a new home.
Author:  SMTP:owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk/ at INTERNET
Date:	 13/11/96 16:51

Date sent:  13-NOV-1996 12:41:24

>I have been toying with the idea of adding a threaded message group to
my
>web page, but I could set up a stand alone mail server just for the
>purpose.  I would like and input you could give on either idea.

>Stuart Ford
>sford@aimnet.com

I've been inundated by offers. (well four anyway). As some people who
offered already run Mailing lists, I think I'll hand it over to one
of them. Andy Cowelle is my first choice, and I'm in contact with him
about it.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Another dumbass Q Next: Re[2]: Dirtside II Mortar Teams