Prev: Re: Added Topic ? Next: Re: Added Topic ?

Re: Land Battles on Basilisk

From: thomas.granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:51:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Land Battles on Basilisk

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> ...no, a light cruiser chasing a Q-ship, in what is mainly a missile
duel
> with lots and lots of ECM. The Grav Lance and Energy Torps (...why do
> they remind me of Starfire's Plasma Guns?) could be interesting in FT,

> though...

    Opps, yes Harrington's ship is a cruiser not a frigate.  But it
still
seems a unbalanced fight to me.  Her ship, the Fearless, had two forward
missile tubes to the Q ship's six.  Also, she had far fewer missiles.
They both have point defense against the missiles in addition to
anti-missile missiles.	The Fearless only won because Honor Harrington
lured the Q ship into the Grav Lance range (very short range) and hit
the Q ship by surprise.  The Q ship could have easily destroyed the
Fearless by firing on it from medium range.  The only other advantage
the Fearless had is that its technology was somewhat better that that
of the Q ship.

    In the book of course the Fearless wins, but in a game one would
have
to be extremely lucky to win with the Fearless.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold
<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Added Topic ? Next: Re: Added Topic ?